Jacemora: Not sure about spending time on certain upgrades

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.Jacemora.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not sure about spending time on certain upgrades

So I plug my self into RAWR in my current tanking gear and come up with some upgrades I could use.

Here is the thing though, I don't want to farm upgrades that are going to get nerfed post 3.0.4... I just don't see the point.

As far as rings go I am going to stick with the 2 I wear now until post patch.

Iceforged Battle Ring - Was easily obtainable through questing and ranks very high on the scale.
Ring of the Stalwart Protector

Well, Ok... even after 3.0.4 Keystone Great-Ring is still going to be top 2 so I guess I can start farming Heroic Drak'Tharon.

Post 3.0.4 I should be wearing

Keystone Great-Ring
Titanium Earthguard Ring - Our resident JC already has the pattern.

I need to be running Heroic Gun'drak for Gored Hide Legguards.

Probably going to get Durable Nerubhide Cape for after the patch but just stick to using Slikk's Cloak of Placation instead of focusing on running CoT for the Flowing Cloak of Command. If I happen to get invited to a run and it falls great, but otherwise I am not going to worry about it for now.

RAWR is currently broken and is misrepresenting cloak values post 3.0.4 so ignore how high it stays after selecting that option in RAWR.

I am most likely going to grab Savage Gladiator's Dragonhide Helm here soon, I just don't see running Heroic Oculus over and over for the Mask of the Watcher.

I ended up getting...

Enraged Feral Staff
Bindings of the Tunneler

So I am good in those slots.

I am happy with my crafted Polar chest, boots, and belt until T7.

I am content with my Handwraps of Preserved History and Trollwoven Spaulders.

I am fine with Amulet of Wills until the guild JC get's the Titanium Earthguard Chain pattern.

I need to run Heroic Azjol-Nerub for Essence of Gossamer and get my Inscription Death Knight to level 68 so I can go to Northrend and level up inscription for my Darkmoon Card: Greatness. I am not going to bother trying to get the trinkets that plummet in value after 3.0.4 patch.

So to sum up I need to be running these Heroics..

Gundrak
Azjol-Nerub
Drak'Theron

2 comments:

Cristiano said...

The item shows for you? In my server those items arent available yet, I guess they will be available when arena season begins.

One good news, on my 9th boss kill, Essence of Gossamer dropped. After some runs I found that the proc rate is very small but still a nice trinket...

Now I just need to farm VH and Draktharon Keep for head and ring respectively. This could take some time...

The polar crafted set isnt very good for mitigating/avoiding damage... the Sharp-Barbed Leather Belt from UK and the T7 chest bought with badges are much better in this area.

cya

Anonymous said...

Ah yes gear gear gear. Well I've cooled off a bit now running heroics, since we're regularly in 10 & 25 man raids, where the loot drops fast & furious and provides massive upgrades. I'm in a similar gear position to you right now, give or take the odd piece. 39k health on patchwerk, more than enough if our healers are on the ball.

I have a feeling we're all overgeared for all the fights currently in game: the only thing missing are the strats. We wiped a few times on heroic 4 horsemen last night, but I had the same feeling I get when I wipe in slave pens: this shouldnt be happening. When we finally killed them, it was like "we killed quagmirran, woot... yawn...."