Jacemora: Enchanting FTW!

My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.Jacemora.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Enchanting FTW!

Enchanting on a release day...

Always lot's of people looking for enchants on their shiny new gear. Usually I have trouble making myself available on these days because Tuesday night happens to be date night for me and my wife. Before you get excited, it is us on a date, not us dating someone else... a quick explanation for a younger generation that may be single and has no idea what the term "date night" refers too. Anyway, last night date night ended around 9:30 so I hopped on to see if anyone needed any enchanting done.

Now enchanting for others has always been a mixed bag for me. When I decided to do enchanting it was mainly because I found it interesting in theory and possibly a way to meet more people in game. I also from the start of playing WOW I wanted to rely on others as little as possible thus taking enchanting and not having to find someone to do it for me. I heard it was expensive but a buddy of mine said you will get lots of stuff to DE so don't worry about. For the most part he was right and his tailor toon helped me turn cloth into items to DE for mats to get me leveled at a decent pace. Having to train inside Uldaman was a little disheartening but once I hit a certain level it was no longer a problem as I could solo stealth to the trainer.

Anyway, to get back on track, I get on last night and there are a TON of people needing enchants. So I stand in front of Aldor bank in case someone needs a couple mats they forgot or are overpriced on the AH and start linking chants that are being asked for in trade, I don't ask for a specific tip, or even ask for tips for that matter, by now level 70's should know I am expecting some gold coinage in the trade window.... Here is the mixed bag of enchanting...

Customer A - +15 agility to gloves... Goes to tip me 1g and decides to be generous with 4g on a last minute change of heart... lol... I remember doing Beastslayer enchants when I was questing in STV at 3g-4g a pop just so people could have glowing weapons... lol

Customer B - Mongoose - trades me mats and 100G! holy crap, I am thinking he is part of some sort of Asian gold laundering scam... lol... so I do his chant and refund him 50G telling him I had never gotten more than a 50G tip for mongoose... I think he appreciated this heads up.

Customer C - Has me port to SW.... which I hate to do, taking damage from the tower fall and what not... yes, I am too lazy to shift to cat for the fall... Savagery enchant... got lucky once in Heroic SH... trades mats, I do the enchant... no tip... nada... zip.

I did a lot of other enchants that night at the typical tips people give, all very nice transactions, but let it be said that the guy that didn't tip did cheer me, bow to me, and all the other pleasantries people who don't manage their gold well do... lol

I don't let it get to me really, again, I do enchanting for me first and others second. I like helping others as much as I can in game so I try to take time out and make myself available to the masses to get their gear enchanted and if I get some gold for giving away my time it is very appreciated. For those that don't tip just realize you will get enchanters jaded and you will find it increasingly hard to improve your gear.... not this enchanter, but others, which might have had something to do with the amount of work I had last night. When patch 2.3 came out when I got on that night at 10pm it seemed most of the enchanting had already been completed for the day, this time there was still plenty to go around... might have something to do with enchanters not really needing the gold either with all the dailies now and what not.

No comments: